Mary Louise Gerek has been involved in needle arts as long as she can remember with needlepoint, knitting, spinning and embroidery. A trip to the American Southwest inspired her to return to sewing. ML’s fascination with art quilts and design moved her quickly away from traditional patterns and into the world of creating original pieces. She continues to develop her own sense of design and color. She is intrigued with the effects of fabric manipulation, interaction of color and free motion quilting in her art quilt designs. Rotating and mirroring blocks to find hidden patterns characterizes her published quilt patterns. ML has successfully given presentations for 20 years in several professional settings. She enjoys teaching and connecting with students through the creative process.
- American Quilter’s Society
- Artists’ Breakfast Group, Rochester NY
- Colorado Quilting Council
- Fort Collins Modern Quilt Guild
- Front Range Contemporary Quilters
- International Quilt Association
- Rocky Mountain Creative Quilters
- Studio Art Quilt Associates
ML FiberArts, LLC is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Please use the contact form below to schedule classes or trunk shows, or if you have questions about patterns.